One of my fellow Loafers told me a very touching story the other
day about our friends at a brilliant company called COOK.
Her mother-in-law has precious little time in the kitchen as
she's so busy looking after her husband who's poorly. She loves
COOK's ready meals so much (it's all frozen but I genuinely have
never been able to spot this) that she decided to write and thank
them for making her life easier.
A week later she was surprised to receive a letter back from one
of their founders. He said he loved her letter so much that he'd
shared it with everyone in the company. She was thrilled to bits
and… this is the bit I love… she even had a little cry! I have to
say this made my heart swell a little.
And to make matters even better, COOK have just given us £250 of
vouchers for us to give to one of you!
Just tell us your own example of someone going the extra
mile to make you smile. It could be a friend who did you a good
turn. Or a nameless stranger who helped you.
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
or scribble it on our Facebook page or Twitter feed using
#CookUpAStorm by Monday 16th
March. We'll pick our favourite and announce the winner on
our blog the next day.
Charlie and the Loafers x
The nitty gritty
- 1 x winner will win £250 COOK vouchers.
- By entering your email for this competition you agree to
receive email correspondence from COOK. If you'd like to opt out
from COOK emails, then pop #optout into the body of your entry
email. You can always choose not to receive emails by following the
unsubscribe instructions in each email that they send out.
- Competition is only open to mainland UK residents.
- Each person is limited to one entry only.
- Entries submitted after 11.59pm on Monday 16th March 2015 will
not be counted.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday 17th March 2015 and
notified by email on the same day.
- The winner will be selected as the entry considered to be most
original, entertaining and/or interesting. The result is final and
no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- By entering the competition you give Loaf the right to use your
name for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the
competition on our blog and other social media sites.
- The prize is non-transferrable.
- No purchase necessary.