I keep hearing about this Danish concept called "hygge": the
laid-back way of living that includes chilling out in a cosy pair
of socks whilst looking wistfully into a log fire. And I also keep
hearing that there's apparently no English word for it. Er...isn't
In fact I wonder if people in Denmark are talking about the
British art of Loafing which involves stretching out on the sofa
watching Downton or Gogglebox? Who knows?!
So in the spirit of "hygge" (AKA loafing) we're asking you to
share your blissed out, feet up moments. Send your snap to email@example.com
or share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using
#FeetUpAndLoaf by Thursday 26th November. Our
favourite cosy photo will win the ULTIMATE LOAFING PACK (goodies
include our Dawdler throw, a pair
of woolly socks, four gorgeous Floris mugs and
the best hot chocolate ever in the entire world).
Charlie and the Loafers x
The nitty gritty
- 1 x winner will win 1 x Dawdler throw, 1 x pair of Hush socks,
1 x set of 4 x Floris mugs, 1 x Artisan du chocolat
- Competition is only open to mainland UK residents.
- Each person is limited to one entry only.
- Entries submitted after 11.59pm on Thursday 26th Nov 2015 will
not be counted.
- The winner will be announced on Friday 27th Nov 2015 and
notified by email on the same day.
- The winner will be selected as the entry considered to be most
original, entertaining and/or interesting. The result is final and
no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- By entering the competition you give Loaf the right to use your
name for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the
competition on our blog and other social media sites.
- The prize is non-transferrable.
- No purchase necessary.