Ever heard of "anatidaephobia"? Nor had I until
just now when we were talking about Halloween and what gives people
the creeps. For those that don't know, it's the irrational yet
quite specific fear that somewhere, out there, a duck is watching
you. Of course, it is.
It turns out there's a whole load of phobias being nursed here at
Loaf HQ. Our Rob is decidedly uneasy in the presence of stickers -
particularly the ones you get on fruit. This condition has a name:
"pittakionophobia". Another Loafer suffers from
"koumpounophobia": a fear of
Go on, what irrational fear keeps you awake at night? We
promise not to tell…
Scribble your answer down and send to email@example.com
or stick it on our Facebook or Twitter feed using
#freakyphobias by Monday 3rd November and you
might just win yourself a pair of Hiccup cushions to
hide behind. We'll choose our favourite and announce on our blog
the next day.
Best of luck. And beware out there…
Charlie & the Loafers x
The nitty gritty
• 1 x winner will win 2 x medium Hiccup cushions.
• Each person is limited to one entry only.
• Entries submitted after 11.59pm on Monday 3rd November 2014 will
not be counted.
• The winner will be announced on Tuesday 4th November 2014 and
notified by email on the same day.
• The winner will be selected as the entry considered to be most
original, entertaining and/or interesting. The result is final and
no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
• By entering the competition you give Loaf the right to use your
name for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the
competition on our blog and other social media sites.
• The prize is non-transferrable.
• No purchase necessary.