Last week, our Kathryn admitted that she did not have a clue who
John McEnroe was. "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!" was my reply. This is
what I like to call a "Frud" moment.
A "Frud" is a made-up word used to describe a glaring example of
a gap in somebody's cultural knowledge, so named after a friend of
mine at Uni pointed at a copy of Freud's The Ego and Id
and said, "Frud? Who's he?"
What made-up words do you use?
We use them all the time when naming our products (Swaggamuffin,
anyone?). We want to give one of our lovely Bug pouffes to the best
made-up word! Jot it down, tell us what it means and send it to
by Monday 15th September. Or pop them on our
Twitter feed using
#frud. We'll shout out the winner on our blog the
Charlie & the Loafers
The nitty gritty
• 1 x winner will win 1 x Bug pouffe in Ash Grey.
• Each person is limited to one entry only.
• Entries submitted after 11.59pm on Monday 15th September 2014
will not be counted.
• The winner will be announced on Tuesday 16th September 2014 and
notified by email on the same day.
• The winner will be selected as the entry considered to be most
original, entertaining and/or interesting. The result is final and
no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
• By entering the competition you give Loaf the right to use your
name for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the
competition on our blog and other social media sites.
• The prize is non-transferrable.
• No purchase necessary.