Back in the 1930's a chap called Allen Lane found himself
stranded at Exeter train station struggling to find a quality read,
so he decided to make good books easier to come by and founded
He dreamt of selling books from a vending machine at Charing Cross
station. Can you tell us what nickname was given to this paperback
a. The Penguinator
b. The Penguin Popper
c. The Penguincubator
Get it right and you could pocket a beautiful set of ten Pocket
Wing your answer to [email protected]
or waddle along to our Facebook page or Twitter feed using
#PocketAPenguin by Monday 6th February! We'll pick a winner at
random and announce them on our blog the next day.
The Loafers x
The nitty gritty
- 1 x winner will win 1 x set of 10 Pocket Penguin Classics
- Each person is limited to one entry only.
- Entries submitted after 11.59pm on Monday 6th February 2017
will not be counted.
- The winner will be announced on Tuesday 7th February 2017 and
notified by email on the same day.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the correct answers.
The result is final and no discussion will be entered into
concerning the outcome.
- By entering the competition you give Loaf the right to use your
name for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner of the
competition on our blog and other social media sites.
- The prize is non-transferrable.