We need an amazing Buyer to help us source Loafy, laid-back
furniture and help people lead happier, more relaxed lives.
Ideally, you'll have a wealth of buying and sourcing experience,
preferably with a furniture background. You'll be joining a great
(albeit small) team, supporting the Head of Buying and Sourcing as
well as managing the rest of the team. But the main focus will be
to deliver fabulous product across all our ranges.
- Support the Head of Buying and Sourcing to source fabulous Loaf
products for all our ranges that meet the Creative briefs.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the Loaf brand, our core
customer as well as the wider furniture markets and sharing
insights with the wider Loaf teams.
- Manage relationships with and continually evaluate all existing
suppliers constantly reviewing their performance and pricing to
ensure that we are achieving all our key milestones. You'll also
ensure that we only partner with businesses that meet both Loaf's
commercial and ethical requirements. In addition, you'll discover,
partner with and on-board new suppliers when needed.
- Work with the suppliers to ensure we have accurate product
details and technical specifications.
- Negotiate prices and minimum order quantities with our
suppliers, ensuring our target intake margin is achieved or
- Help build Loaf's product ranges together with our Creative,
Product Development and Merchandising Teams.
- Develop and sign off all product packs for all launches.
- Oversee the raising of all purchase orders and sku
- Provision of product training information to train all our
customer facing Loafers.
- Working with Loaf's Chinese product development team to oversee
the fabrication of new product and making sure the critical path is
adhered to. This may involve supplier visits to inspect production
and approve samples.
- To manage and develop your team ensuring they have robust
development and succession plans in place.
- Manage the product critical path ensuring all key deadlines are
met and product ranges launch on time.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a Buying and / or sourcing role.
- A taste level that really "fits" with and shows an
understanding of the Loaf brand.
- A career history of having worked with and sourced furniture
preferably with a sound understanding of the manufacturing
processes, quality and safety requirements.
- Commercially savvy.
- A proven negotiator with the ability to deliver a great
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication,
presentation and listening skills.
- The ability to work independently and show initiative.
- A proactive attitude - always looking to improve things,
challenging the status quo, and never accepting second best.
- Adept at working under pressure in a fast-paced
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confidence and common sense.
- An all-round good egg with a real "can-do" attitude and a
willingness to get on with the job and make great things
In return you can expect a forward-thinking, friendly bunch
committed to building a fabulous company with brilliant people.
If you think you fit the bill then apply now with a covering
letter explaining why you think you are the perfect Loafer plus a
copy of your CV.
Regrettably, only successful candidates will be contacted. If
you have not heard from us within 2-3 weeks, then unfortunately on
this occasion you have not been successful.
Loaf is an equal opportunities employer and we support
diversity at all levels. We are committed to recruiting, retaining
and developing all our Loafers regardless of their beliefs, age,
disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or
gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic
that could be subject to discrimination. Applications are
particularly welcome from BAME candidates.