We are on the lookout for a customer-focused Shack Manager to
join our merry band of Loafers selling stonkingly nice furniture
from our St Albans Shack! You will be responsible for the day to
day running of the St Albans store. Driving optimal customer
experience and therefore sales, ensuring the Store team and
merchandising reflect our brand at all times. To take
responsibility of achieving highest possible standards and meeting
KPI expectations set by the Head of Retail. Managing a team to
deliver outstanding performance, through motivating, training and
development. Creating and maintaining Loaf Store Culture.
Ultimately, ensuring all Loaf customers go Cor!
- To have a passion for Loaf the brand and product whilst
delivering an amazing customer experience within the store.
- Leading a true customer facing team and maximising sales and
profitability, through driving passion for the brand and
- Working closely with the Head of Retail in setting KPIs, which
will motivate and provide objectives to the Shack team as well as
create and maintain the Loaf culture and retail best
- Driving team performance through training and active feedback
on achievements and areas for improvement.
- Ensuring that excellent customer experience is delivered at all
times and the customer message is kept on brand at all times.
- Dealing with all customer complaints and questions, handling
escalations, assigning escalations to an appropriate team at the
- Initiating changes to improve, develop and measure against
- Producing reports as required.
- Organising special events and promotions as required.
- Managing and motivating the team to deliver excellent customer
service, demonstrate the use of product knowledge and enthusiasm to
- Recruit excellent Shack Loafers as and when required in line
with rota and budget needs.Coach and train by observation,
feedback and leading by example with exceptional service
- Delegate the workload appropriately and effectively across the
- Managing staff including; recruiting, training, supervising and
appraising the team and when necessary undertaking performance
management. Any other employee relations applicable to the
- To agree learning and development plans for each St Albans
Shack employee past probation. To focus on training, challenging,
motivating and providing constructive guidance to direct
- Managing rotas ensuring that we are adequately staffed and
- Following and working to the Loaf Cor! Values and the Sales
- Liaising effectively with Head of Retail and all other
departments within Loaf.
- Act as a mentor to Shack Assistants, Team Leaders and Assistant
- Ensuring that all stock within the Shack is correctly and
clearly priced at all times.
- Ensuring that all stock records are kept up to date.
- Ensuring that all stock is clean and well displayed at all
times, inclusive of Window displays.
- To take responsibility for Shack presentation, working
alongside Marketing and Purchasing to merchandise your Shack in an
aesthetically appealing way, which meets customer needs and
expectations and therefore drives sales.
- Working with relevant departments to ensure Shack Shuffles
(Shop refresh) are managed smoothly with minimum impact to ongoing
- Making sure that VM guides are followed, provide prompt
feedback on any VM and stock position changes to the Head of
- To manage the maintenance of property and premises of the St
Albans Shack, ensuring customer and staff facilities are consistent
with the desired environment. Considering environmental purchase
triggers such as temperature, smells and general condition. Manage
the cost implications.
- Strategically manage the Shack operations, taking
responsibility for key decisions made at a local level.
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met.
- Ensuring that company retail standards are achieved.
- Reporting and managing general repair works required.
- Carry out additional duties as necessary within other areas of
the Shack / business including opening and closing, securing all
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Retail to establish and
consolidate new sales, returns, staff and maintenance processes and
procedures as a part of Retail best practices project.
Training and Communication
- Ensuring that you and the team have excellent product knowledge
at all times.
- To ensure consistency in the customer message, which is being
delivered at the Shack with confidence, clarity and engaging
- To manage communication within the Shack and ensure the team is
well informed, including key business developments.
- To ensure the team are trained to be competent in policy and
- To provide the Head of Retail with timely and comprehensive
feedback on the Shack performance.
Skills and Attributes:
- Outstanding customer service skills. Obsessive about making
customers go 'Cor!'
- The ability to take responsibility and be accountable for your
- Good use of initiative and the ability to execute and embrace
new methods of works and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills interacting with customers and team
in varying situations.
- Demonstrable organisational skills with the ability to be
- Confidence and common sense to access and utilise expert
resources when making decisions.
- Ability to develop processes and implement them.
- Proven retail experience in a busy and fast paced
- Ability to identify risks and react to them.
- Proven experience managing and motivating a team and driving
their performance to exemplify company values and service
- Understanding and experience of KPI's and reporting.
- Experience promoting brand culture and identity in order to
- Understanding of the factors that influence a positive customer
experience in store.
- A proactive attitude to improving upon current practice. A
logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Numerate and good IT skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to drive change,
whilst knowing the value of the pound.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, the ability
to make the complicated simple.
- Ability to form and maintain relationships across all levels of
the organisation. Being an all-round good egg.
- Previous experience of a multi-site organisation
And, most importantly of all, you absolutely must be an
all-round good egg, with a real can-do attitude and a willingness
to get on with the job and make great things happen. If this is
you, then we'd love to hear from you!
We regret that only successful canddiates will be contacted. If
you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately
on this occasion your application has not been selected.